Compagnie du Ponant, the French-flagged cruise line whose yacht style ships offer cruises to all seven continents, has just announced their Winter 2013/2014 itineraries to Asia on Le Soléal, the newest ship in the five-star luxury fleet.
Launching in July 2013, Le Soléal will initially sail to the Arctic region on polar expedition cruises. The 132-stateroom state-of-the-art vessel will then continue her inaugural sailing season with voyages to Asia, offering 13 all new itineraries, on cruises from 7 nights up to 17 nights. Due to her smaller size and technical capabilities, Le Soléal will be able to sail in waters and berth in ports restricted to bigger ships, offering guests a more intimate and accessible style of sailing and experiences not found on most itineraries.
For the winter 2013/2014 season and for the very first time, Le Soléal will set sail to the continent of Asia with 16 departures and 13 different itineraries that include the popular destinations of Japan, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand and India, as well as some more off the radar spots such as Borneo, Myanmar and Oman.
Whether exploring Japan’s ancestral gardens, Vietnam’s imperial cities, an Orangutan Sanctuary in Borneo or the urban centers of Singapore and Hong Kong, Le Soléal offers discerning travelers an exceptional level of impeccable service, complemented by inspired French sensibility, a French Art de vivre and of course haute cuisine that befits her French heritage.
While on board, guests enjoy elegantly appointed staterooms and suites, attentive service from a convivial bi-lingual crew fluent in English and French, refined culinary artistry and inventive itineraries filled with once in a lifetime experiences.
Like her sister ships in the Compagnie du Ponant’s chic fleet, Le Soléal offers:
• Refined, contemporary interiors by Jean-Philippe Nuel feature a warm palette of rich materials and subtle yachting nuances throughout, including works by noted marine photographer Philip Plisson
• A choice of 132 luxurious staterooms or suites with sea views and private balconies, including the elite Deck 6 that is home to 13 spacious suites with 24-hour butler service
• A welcoming main foyer with a boutique, reception desk and excursion desk
• Two restaurants, offering dining from casual to fine complete with wine pairings and a fine wine cellar, a bar lounge and 24-hour in-room dining
• A full-service spa in association with the French salon SOTHYSTM, with signature treatments, hammam, hair salon, tea room and fitness center